I was intrigued by one of Esther's drawings of this design, see it at ipatchandquilt. So I got out a sample piece (in black!) and stitched out my own take on it in a very colorful thread. I think it would be neat on a modern quilt.
Certainly, I left quite a bit unquilted in-between the rows. I think one could nest the flowers closer together or fill in with leaves.
With alternating rows, this could work up quickly across a more utilitarian quilt. I must remember how hard it is for me to take good pictures of quilting on black fabric!
I have a thread painting project in mind for the rest of this black sandwich with black batting. I think I'm transitioning into it here......
So this is our last linky for this month and this design. I hope you will link and go visiting! I am very excited about May's Free Motion Monday series! I've picked the topic/designs and I have a fabulous giveaway arranged!
If you've missed any of the Free Motion Monday posts, you can find them on the Free Motion Mondays page.
Some quick rules:
- Keep your post relevant to this quilt along please. Spammy posts will be deleted.
- Make sure you link up to the individual post, not your home page as nobody wants to have to search around for the post if they're a little late to the party.
- Link back to this post somewhere in your post. You've got to dance with the one who took you to the party, so make sure you link back.
- Don't be a wall-flower. (Talking to myself here too. In person I am so stinking shy!) Visit the other links and leave comments.
- Please make sure you leave me a way to contact you if you are a no-reply commenter, especially if you ask a question.
- Visit others who have linked up and be sociable!
Don't forget to bookmark this blog, follow, or sign it up in your favorite feed reader. Like the facebook page (I do post some short things on it pretty regularly), or even check out my Pinterest boards. I'll be visiting you too!